Compliance Certificate

A Compliance Certificate certifies that the works approved by the relevant civil works approval (such as a Construction Certificate, Subdivision Works Certificate or Public Works Certificate) have been completed in accordance with the approved construction plans.

A Compliance Certificate is issued by the relevant certifying authority, which in most cases is Council. If lodging with Council, you will be required to complete an Application for a Compliance Certificate.


    Step 1.Gather documents

    This application must be accompanied by any documents that are to be relied upon for the component/work that the Compliance Certificate is being sought for.

    You will need to provide your Development Consent number as part of this application, which you can find via our Application Enquiry tool. 

    Other documents that you may need to include are:

    • Structural engineering certificates
    • Landscape completion certificates
    • Road works engineering certificates
    • Stormwater works executed plans and certificates

    For further advice on what to submit, contact our Customer Service Centre on (02) 4921 0333 (Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm) and ask to speak with a Duty Officer.

    Step 2.Apply

    Once you have gathered your documents, you can apply online for a Compliance Certificate. You'll need to upload electronic versions of the required documentation in order to complete your application.

    Step 3.Pay

    Lodgement fees will be calculated by staff and provided to you in writing after we've received your application for a Compliance Certificate.

    Your Compliance Certificate will not be issued until all outstanding fees have been paid.