2023-2024 applications have opened.
The Lake Macquarie Environmental Research Grants Program is designed to support projects that will assist Council and other environmental managers to develop appropriate land-use practices, plan remedial and preventative works and adjust management strategies.
University researchers (students and academics) and research-based organisations are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants can receive up to $8000, and higher sums have been approved in special circumstances.
Grant funds are available to cover consumables and costs incurred during field work including travel expenses. Funds can also cover laboratory work, computing and printing costs. Payment of wages, purchasing of durables or living allowances is not eligible to be grant funded. The program cannot fund university administration charges or overheads charged by your institution.
Council acknowledges the funding contributions received to support the Environmental Research Grant program 2022-2023 by Origin Energy, Delta Electricity and Hunter Water Corporation.
Proposed timeline for assessing submissions:
- October 2023: Submissions open
- March 2024: Environmental Research Grants Committee reviews submissions and determines successful applicants
- April 2024: Lake Macquarie City Council meets to assess and ratify Committee recommendations
- May 2024: All paperwork to be completed by successful applicants and returned together with educational/institution tax invoice
- June 30 2024: Distribution of grant monies
Closing Date: Thursday 15 February 2024
Contact our Natural Landscapes Officer on 02 4069 0093