Awaba Waste Management Facility
Operations during COVID-19
Awaba Waste Management Facility is open to the public in line with the latest advice from the NSW Government. Electronic payments are the preferred method of payment to ensure the health and safety of our community and our team members.
At the Awaba Waste Management Facility, you can dispose of:
- household waste including mattresses (extra charges apply)
- garden waste
- decomposable waste including food
- building and demolition waste including bricks, concrete, timber and glass
- asbestos waste that has been safety secured under our disposal requirement
- Synthetic Mineral Fibre wastes (eg. insulation batts), securely wrapped that will remain intact during disposal
Council charges customers according to the weight and type of waste to be disposed.
Please be aware you cannot dispose of hazardous waste, liquid waste and industrial waste at the Awaba Waste Management Facility.
Please wear enclosed shoes when you visit the Awaba Waste Management Facility.
Tours for Schools and Community Groups
Schools and community groups are welcome to tour the Awaba Waste Management Facility, including the Organics Resource Recovery Facility.
Your visit will include a tour of the facility plus an educational talk about waste management and the organics processing facility.
Tours run throughout the year and are suitable for adults, and children 7 years and older. School groups from Year 2 and up are recommended.
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
367 Wilton Road, Awaba 2283 View in Google Maps