Contract for Building Certification Work

When undertaking building and/or subdivision works, you are required to appoint a Principal Certifier, to inspect the building works during the course of construction to ensure it meets with regulatory requirements. 

A Contract for Certification Works is to be completed when you lodge or appoint: 

  • construction certificate application
  • complying development certificate application
  • principal certifier
  • occupation certificate

Certification work includes: 

  • determining certificate applications
  • carrying out principal certifier functions
  • carrying out inspections under section part 6 of the act
  • carrying out inspections under section 22C of the Swimming Pools Act 1992
  • issuing compliance certificates under the Swimming Pools Act.

In accordance with Section 31 of Building and Development Certifiers Act 2018, Council must not carry out certification work for a person unless it has entered into a written contract with that person. 

When the contract is received, the contract will be signed by an authorised officer and a copy of the executed contract will be emailed to you for your records.

For advice, contact our Customer Service Centre on (02) 4921 0333, Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm and ask to speak with a Duty Officer.


Apply for a Contract for Certification Works 

Click here to view form.