Council's Property flood data provides free information about the flood risk and hazard for a specific property such as source of flooding, probability flood levels, flood planning levels, ground levels, site map showing flood hazard classification, existing floor levels of buildings (where available) and relevant definitions.
Information is only available where Council has undertaken a detailed Flood Study and/or Floodplain Risk Management Plan. It is based on the information Lake Macquarie City Council held at the time of issue.
The tool information includes:
- Details of the possible effects on the specified property from flooding and tidal inundation
- Predicted sea level rises
- Floor level information
- Ground surface levels at the site measured by LiDAR
- Floor levels of buildings (where available)
- Predicted flood levels derived from completed flood studies
- Static map showing the property, including high hazard areas, contour levels measured by LiDAR and orthophoto details of any existing buildings
- Where the lot is affected by flooding from both the Lake Macquarie Waterway, and flooding from watercourses within the catchment, information is provided on flooding from both sources.
If your property covers more than one lot, you need to check each. The highest flood level on any of subject lots applies.
Both the free Property Flooding Tool and Council Issued Flood Certificate or Flood/Tidual Inundation Certificate will not provide Complying Development Certificate (CDC) requirements, such as:
- a flood storage area,
- a floodway area,
- a flow path,
- a high hazard area,
- a high risk area.
Private Certifiers will need to either make their own considered judgement on the CDC flooding questions or, engage an appropriate consulting engineer to do the assessment.
Access the Property flood data