Sustainable school workshops
We offer free workshops for local primary schools to inspire and educate children about how they can help preserve and protect our natural background.
- Workshops are available in terms two, three and four and run between 40-60 minutes
- Bookings required using the form below at least four weeks before your preferred date
- Workshops are limited to two sessions per school, per term
- A maximum of 30 students per workshop
- All presenters have a current Working with children check
- A teacher must be present for the duration of all workshops
Available workshop subjects
Discover how the waste we create affects our environment and how we can help our planet by taking simple actions that can make a big difference. This workshop will show students how to reduce the waste they create and how to recycle right at school and home.
School grounds biodiversity
Increase student knowledge on the importance of preserving the health of the natural environment in their local area and the impact humans may have on how it functions. Workshop includes a biodiversity audit.
Riding a bike to school is a great way for children to develop independence, improve their fitness and participate in sustainable transport. Students will need to have basic bike riding skills. The activity suits stages two and three, bikes and helmets are provided.
Workshop requires an open area approximately the size of a basketball court. Workshops available in term one and two only.
Excursions to the Awaba Waste Management Facility
Includes a tour and educational talk about waste management and the new organics processing facility to view the composting process.
Suitable for year two and above. Tours available throughout the year, Awaba Waste Management Facility - Lake Macquarie City Council.