Diversity and Inclusion
Council is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce with a collection of skills, experiences and perspectives that is reflective of the community we serve. Everyone should have fair and equal access to employment opportunities.
Our EEO and Diversity Management Plan 2019 – 2022 focuses on initiatives to increase the percentage of employees from identified target groups to be more reflective of our community. The four key initial focus areas include:
- women – gender balance
- people with a disability
- culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
Council has also partnered with the Veterans Employment Program to support veterans find suitable, sustainable and meaningful employment.
We recognise that having employees with a range of skills and experiences enhances our ability to provide quality services for the community. Therefore, Council is committed to building an inclusive and safe workplace for all people including our diverse groups above. We are doing this by:
- genuinely encouraging people in these diverse groups to apply for more roles and then helping them to stay in their jobs longer by giving them the support and tools they need to do their best work
- building a culture of inclusion across our organisation
- removing barriers so that our workplaces and spaces are easy to access and use by everyone.
We encourage you to consider applying for a role with Lake Macquarie City Council.
Adjustments within the Recruitment Process
There are options available to request adjustments to support your individual needs during the recruitment process and in the workplace. Find out more or contact our Talent Acquisition Team on 02 4921 0333 or email email@example.com.
Assistant with Application
If you are having difficulties completing an online application please contact us on 02 4921 0333 between 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to discuss the role, please email or phone the contact person in the job advertisement.