Apply for a Temporary food event notification

If you intend to sell food at community events, you will be required to apply for a Temporary food event notification.


Step 1.Important information you need know 

To apply for a temporary food event notification, you must be registered with your home Council prior to completing this application.  You home council, is the Council where the vehicle and/or temporary stall are garaged or where food is stored or prepared prior to the event.

To find out who your home council please visit find my council

Step 2.Gather your documents

As part of this application, you will need to provide the following information:

  • Copy of your home council registration 
  • Copy of a NSW Food Safety Inspection report, which is no more than 18 months old
  • Your company's ABN and trading name
  • Information on the food you are proposing to sell

For further advice on what to submit, or if you do not have a home Council in NSW, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 02 4921 0333, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.

Step 3.Apply

Once you have gathered all your documentation, you can apply online for a Temporary Food Event Notification, you'll need to upload electronic versions of the required documentation in order to complete your application.