Apply for a Subdivision Works Certificate

A Subdivision Works Certificate (SWC) is required before you can carry out subdivision work in accordance with a development consent.

A SWC operates in the same manner as a construction certificate but for subdivision works; however, the issuing of a SWC does not negate the need for a construction certificate for building works.

Your SWC certifies that subdivision work completed in accordance with specified plans and specifications will comply with the requirements of the regulations. It is issued by the relevant certifying authority, which in most cases is Council.



Step 1.Register or Sign in

To apply for a Subdivision Works Certificate online, you must be registered with Council's Online Services. Registration can take up to one business day to process. If you are already registered and would like to receive an update on your certificate please sign in.

Register Sign in

Step 2.Gather your documents

A range of plans and documents, as required by conditions of the relevant development consent, must be submitted with your application.

The specific plans and documents will vary depending on your development.

For advise on what to submit, contact our Customer Service Centre on 4921 0333, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, and ask to speak with a Development Engineer.

You'll need to upload electronic versions of the required documentation in order to complete your application.

Step 3.Apply

Once you have all the required documentation, you're ready to lodge your Subdivision Works Certificate.


Step 4.Pay

Lodgement fees will be calculated by Council staff and provided to you in writing after we have received your Subdivision Works Certificate.

Your Subdivision Works Certificate will not be determined until all outstanding fees have been paid.