Nappies are placed in your garbage bin, which is collected fortnightly.
Tips for managing odours
Unfortunately nearly all bins smell, particularly bins containing nappies. There are a number of things you can do to reduce the odour in your bin:
- Wrap the nappy into itself using the tabs.
- Seal nappies tightly in plastic bags (you can use scented bags) before placing in the garbage bin.
- It's not always practical, but where possible, tip the contents of the nappy down the toilet before disposing.
- Store your garbage bin in the shade and out of direct sun if possible.
- Make sure your garbage bin lid closes properly and there are no cracks in the bin sides. If your bin needs repairing, call us on 02 4921 0333 and we can arrange for someone to come out and repair it for you.
- Consider using odour neutralising products in your bin, including cat litter, crystals or bicarbonate of soda.
Page last updated: 27 March 2019