Conditions for Community and Recreation Facility Hirer Agreement
- Proof of identity in the form of a Driver’s Licence or an alternative form of photographic ID is provided at the time of booking a Council facility.
- Incorporated associations, or registered clubs must provide public liability insurance for a minimum sum insured of $20,000,000 as well as a policy for loss or damage to any property brought to or left at the facility.
- If the Booking Officer has assessed that the event for which the hirer is using the facility has an increased risk, the hirer must provide professional security staff and provide details to Council prior to the event.
- Obtain a Liquor Licence from the Police if alcohol is to be sold at the facility and provide notice to Council prior to the event.
- If alcohol is provided but not sold (by hirer or participants), the hirer must notify Police of the time, date and location of the event and provide proof to Council of such notice prior to the event.
- A hirer must ensure any private electrical appliance used at Community & Recreational Facilities is tested and tagged.
- Payment of the fee and/or bond shown on the Community Facility User Agreement is made prior to using the facility.
- Cancellation Fees – the full usage fee will be charged for bookings cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice. Fifty percent of the usage fee will be charged for bookings cancelled with 48 hours to one week notice. Terms and Conditions on the Confirmation Letter are to be complied with.
- No smoking occurs inside the Facility or within 10m of any door or open window.
- Food Safety Standards must be followed if food is to be prepared or sold at the facility.
- All music and noise levels are kept at an acceptable level (including entering and leaving the premises) and ceases at 10:30pm and the facility vacated by midnight.
- The facility is clean and left in a tidy condition before vacating the facility, including disposal of all rubbish and bottles from the premises.
- Facility lighting to be turned off and all windows and doors to be secured before vacating the facility.
- The hirer accepts full responsibility for;
- all costs incurred for cleaning, repairing or replacing any part of the premises, its fixtures, fittings or equipment damaged or destroyed during the hire period.
- Any loss or damage to any personal property (including money, jewellery and credit cards); and property on hire or loan, which is in the facility in connection with or because of its hire.
- the facility grounds and surrounding environment, as the bond also covers these areas when hiring a Council facility.
- the behaviour of all attendees and damage or injuries to third parties (outside the group) as a result of willful misconduct by the hirer or a member/s of the group.
- Keys for the facility to be returned to the Booking Office/Agent/Council at the earliest opportunity on the day following the hire period. In the event the keys are lost, council will invoice the hirer as per the pricing policy to recover the costs of replacing keys and change of locks if required.
- Complete and return Bond Refund Checklist. In accordance with Australian Standards.
You agree to indemnify Lake Macquarie City Council and the Community Operating Committee for any loss.
- You Indemnify Council from and against all actions, claims, costs, losses, expenses and damages (including the costs defending or settling any action or claim) in respect of:
- Loss of, loss of use of, or damage to property of Council: or
- Personal injury (including death) or illness to any person or loss of, loss of use of, or damage to any property; Resulting from or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by You arising out of your activities undertaken at or near Council’s Facility. Your liability to indemnify Council is reduced proportionally to the extent that a negligent act or omission of Council or it’s employees has contributed to injury, damage or loss.
Breach of terms
Any breach of the above terms entitles the Council to terminate the agreement and to require the immediate vacating of the Facility.
The Council shall be entitled to apply the whole or any part of the bond to remedy any breach of this agreement (including administration, legal and court costs of such breach) and demand from the Hirer any balance owing to it on behalf of the Council, if the bond is insufficient to meet the cost of remedy.
Page last updated: 16 May 2017