Booragul to Belmont cycleway
This 18km route passes through the suburbs of Booragul, Speers Point, Warners Bay, Eleebana, Valentine and terminates at Belmont. It offers access to the Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery, Warners Bay foreshore precinct as well as the Variety Playground at Speers Point Park.
The Booragul to Belmont cycleway suits the adventurous, leisurely or home-to-work rider, with ample convenience facilities along the way. The scenery takes in lake panoramas and mountain vistas. It is the ideal ride for other activities, including swimming, picnicking, bushwalking and sightseeing.
It includes the Red Bluff Shared Pathway, a 380m long elevated boardwalk built over the lake and located along the Eleebana foreshore. It provides a functional link between two existing sections of lakeside paths, as well as providing a continuous link between the Art Gallery at Booragul and Lions Park at Eleebana.
This link also forms part of the connection between Speers Point and Glendale, currently under construction.
Features of the Booragul to Belmont cycleway
- linear shared path/road with some moderate hills
- Red Bluff Boardwalk with three viewing decks
- Booragul Railway Station, with bike parking available
- Within range of the Fernleigh Track Belmont access point
- Warners Bay foreshore car parks
- Speers Point Variety Playground car park
Page last updated: 24 October 2015