Add your community event
How to promote your event
- Sign up for an What's on account and follow the prompts. You'll be asked for your email address as your login identification and to provide a password. Once you've registered, you'll be asked to visit your email to confirm your registration.
- Once you register, you can login with your email and password.
- Once you've logged in, using the links at the top right of the page, you can add an event, change your details, view all your events, and change your password.
- You're event will not appear immediately after adding it. An officer from Council will review your event before it appears online.
If you need assistance with signing up for an account or with adding or editing an event, please call our Customer Service Centre on 02 4921 0333.
While the aim of the What's on calendar is to help promote activities happening around the city and neighbouring region, not all events are suitable for promoting on our website.
Council staff will determine, at thier discretion, whether existing or proposed content is valuable to customers and if that information is appropriate for promotion on our website.
- Events may be of a community or commercial nature (profit or not-for-profit) where all members of the public are invited to attend.
- If an event is of a commercial nature, it must be a one-off special event and not part of normal business activities. For example, a regular gym or dance class is not considered appropriate, however a dance school may post an event for a special open day or a performance/concert.
- Events must promote the health and wellbeing of the community and the environment, and be located within Lake Macquarie or a neighbouring local government area.
- Events that promote illegal, violent, or antisocial behaviour will not be approved.
- Events that promote, or are sponsored by, tobacco or illicit drugs will not be approved.
- Council holds no responsibility for information posted through the What's on calendar, nor does it endorse the activities of individuals, groups, or organisations posting information on the site.
- Council will not use any personal information provided through the What's on calendar for any other purpose.
Back to What's On
Page last updated: 04 January 2019