Other types of food vending

Vending on private land (eg commercial property)

To leave the vehicle in a single place and continually trade from that place will require formal Development Approval for that land use.

Vending at approved community events, sporting events, or markets or special events

To operate at special events, you will be required to gain approval from the event organiser who is responsible for ensuring that the event has appropriate approvals for the event. The NSW Food Authority has adopted guidelines for food businesses operating at temporary events.

Street stalls on public land and public roads (roadside stalls)

Roadside stalls and street stalls are defined as:

You will need to lodge an application for Street Stalls on public roads or public land under the Local Approvals Policy.

Page last updated: 23 April 2018