To download tender documents you will need to register with Tenderlink.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005, tenders are to be called where it is anticipated that expenditure will be greater than $150,000 (including GST) over the life of the contract.
Submitting your tender
When submitting a tender to Council, it is important that you:
- read through the tender schedule instructions carefully;
- use Appendix C – Tenderer’s Checklist to assist in preparing your submission;
- give yourself plenty of time to submit; we suggest you upload your submission several hours before the 2pm deadline;
- ask questions – contact us on 4921 0333 or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- contact Tenderlink on 1800 233 533 if you need assistance with uploading your submission.
Doing business with Council
We are committed to undertake procurement activities in a fair and ethical manner, and to ensure that the best value for money is obtained.
All of our procurement activities are conducted in accordance with our Procurement Policy and Business Ethics Policy.
Methods of Procurement
We are required to conduct procurement activities according to the following thresholds:
- $0-$3000 - no quotation required
- $3001-$10,000 - obtain a minimum of one written quotation
- $10,001-$50,000 - obtain a minimum of three written quotations
- $50,001 - $150,000 - three written quotes or public quotation process dependant on complexity
- $150,000+ - formal tender process
We utilise a number of procurement tools to promote public tenders, such as advertising in the Newcastle and Sydney Morning Herald, Vendor Panel, Tenderlink, and Aggregators. If you are interested in doing business with Council, we encourage you to register with the above online tools to learn more about upcoming procurement activities.
Working with Council
Council generally requires its suppliers to meet the following requirements:
- Public Liability Insurance $20million
- Workers Compensation Insurance for all employees
- Other Insurances where appropriate
- Documented Work Health and Safety Management System
Page last updated: 06 February 2017