Local Approvals Policy
The Local Approvals Policy outlines the criteria by which low-impact activities can be undertaken with and without approval from Council.
These activities include:
- the installation of relocatable homes within manufactured home estates, caravan parks or camping grounds
- carrying out stormwater drainage work
- applications relating to public roads
- the installation or operation of domestic waste treatment devices
- community events, street stalls, busking, fundraising or any other activities on community land
- mobile vending on public roads or public land
- the operation of manufactured home estates, caravan parks or camping grounds
- installation of a moveable dwelling/caravan on private land
- footway dining
If you wish to undertake any of the above listed activities, please consult the relevant section of the Policy for further information.
Applications under the Lake Macquarie Local Approvals Policy
Relocatable homes and associated structures
- information sheet - Manufactured homes, relocatable homes and movable dwellings
- manufactured home installations
- flood liable caravan park installations
- Occupation of moveable dwellings or caravans on private land
Water supply, sewerage and storm water drainage work
Management of waste
- place a waste storage container on a road
- install an on-site sewage management system
- operate a system of sewage management (within the meaning of section 68A)
- fundraising on public land or public roads
- street stalls on public land or public roads
- mobile vending on public land or public roads
- operate a caravan park or camping ground
- operate a manufactured home estate
- footway dining
- install and operate an amusement device
Lodging an application
You can lodge your application form at our Customer Service Centre in person or by email. Fees may apply depending on the type of activity and must be paid at the time you lodge the application.
Our Duty Planners are available to assist you with the lodgement process.
Following initial review, the application will be sent to the relevant department for assessment and determination.
An application may be rejected within seven days of receipt if it is not clear as to the activity you are seeking approval for, or the application is not easily legible. Fees are refunded.
Caravan parks and manufactured home estates
Learn about state requirements and when you need approval from Council
Sewage management systems
How to install, operate and maintain wastewater treatment systems
Operating a food stall
Health requirements for operating a mobile food stall
Page last updated: 03 October 2017