Building certification

Complying Development Certificates and Construction Certificates must be determined by a Principal Certifier (PC), unlike Development Applications which can only be approved by Council.

Once you have obtained development consent, you are required to appoint a Principal Certifier to issue a Construction Certificate and undertake inspections.

What is a Principal Certifier

A Principal Certifier is the person or authority responsible for ensuring compliance with the conditions of development consent, the Building Code of Australia, and the objectives of the Environmental Planning & Assessment (EP&A) Act 1979.

A PCA is required to:

Further information

For further information about our building and development related services please contact our Customer Service Centre on 02 4921 0333.

Notice of commencement

Notice of commencement form

Mandatory inspections

Critical stage inspections for proposed building and development works

Component certificates

Certificate templates for builders, owners and construction industry memb…

Book an inspection

Find out how to book a building inspection.

Building information certificate

A building information certificate may relate to building work that has b…

Page last updated: 09 October 2018