CiviLake is a business of Lake Macquarie City Council and is responsible for the construction and maintenance of our City's infrastructure.
Employing around 300 staff with a diverse range of skills and experience, our goal is to provide quality work in a sustainable and safe manner.
Our main responsibilities include:
- maintaining more than 1,250 km local, regional and state roads, including reconstruction, rehabilitation and a resurfacing program for approximately 700,000 m2 of these roads
- maintaining city infrastructure, including footpaths, shared pathways, signage, bridges, public wharfs and drainage systems
- mowing 700 parks and reserves and 132 sporting fields
- maintaining 374 gardens and plantings and all trees on public land
- maintaining, enhancing and constructing playground facilities
- carrying out the Road Maintenance Council Contract (RMCC) for the maintenance and enhancement of the State Road Network within our City.
All bulk material at or removed from CiviLake work sites is managed in accordance with the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) requirements and in a manner that maximises recycling opportunities.
One of our achievements is the continued placement of waste from works at the approved recycling project at Teralba. In the three years to March 2015, almost 200,000 tonnes of compliant construction waste material was placed on site.
Page last updated: 08 March 2016