Bulk waste pick up
Council provides a bulk waste collection service for all households twice a year. You will be notified by a letterbox drop two weeks prior to your collection date.
Find out your bulk waste collection dates at my.lakemac.com.au or view collection dates by suburb.
Council will collect up to two cubic metres (one box trailer load) of combined waste material, per household.
Items that will be collected include bulky household items, metal, green waste, mattresses and e-waste. Please place these items in four separate piles on the kerb so the waste can be collected by different trucks for recycling or disposal.
- Mattresses will be collected separately to other bulk waste.
- Green waste should be bundled and tied or boxed. Maximum 1.5m length and 15cm diameter.
- Maximum length of metal sheets and bars is 1.5m.
- Maximum length of carpet is 1.5m.
- CDs and DVDs - discs should be placed in boxes or bags, cases must be removed and disposed of in recycling bin.
Missed bulk waste pick up
If your bulk waste has not been collected one week after the advertised collection date, please check if your items meet the specifications listed by reading Preparing for Collection. If you meet the specifications, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 02 4921 0333 and we will arrange to collect the items missed.
If your waste does not conform to the specifications, you will need to remove it from the footpath immediately and make arrangements for alternative disposal. If you do not remove the waste, Council may impose a littering fine.
What happens to the bulk waste after collection
- Metals are recycled by a scrap metal merchant.
- Green waste will be recycled into mulch or compost.
- E-waste will be collected, locally dissembled into component parts and then recycled where possible.
- Mattresses will be recycled.
- Other bulky household items go into landfill.
Page last updated: 18 January 2018