Wangi Quilters Group Inc.
Wangi Quilters Group
It is a group of women aged from teenagers through to their seventies who gather together to share and exchange knowledge and skills. We meet every Wednesday in the Hall at the Wangi R.S.L. Sailing Club from 9.30am. to about 1.30pm.
- We create wonderful quilts, many of which are given away to various charities (e.g. Kids Off the Streets, The Children's Cancer Unit in Newcastle, The Toronto Women and Children's Refuge)
- Make "Peanut Pillows" for the Neo-Natal Unit at the John Hunter Hospital.
- Raise funds for Cancer Research through hosting a Biggest Morning Tea event every May.
- Hold Biennial Quilt Shows at the Wangi Workers Club and donate the profits to charities.
- Go on regular quilt crawls
- Have a program of workshops with visiting teachers to stimulate interest and extend skills.
- Share ideas and quilting resources
- Connect with other quilters
- Contact person
- Kerry Rodstrom
PO Box 76
WANGI WANGI NSW 2267
- cell 0428422269
- Email Wangi Quilters Group Inc.
Back to previous page
Page last updated: 05 December 2017