Community halls and centres
Looking for a venue to hold:
- birthday parties
- weddings or engagement parties
- art and craft classes/exhibitions
- indoor sports and fitness
- lifestyle activities
- youth events
- seniors programs
- meetings and seminars
- social gatherings
Council has more than 40 community halls across the City, which are available for:
- casual hire for functions, meetings, and conferences
- regular hire for community and social activities such as playgroups, senior citizens activities, youth groups, and dance tuition.
Hire a community hall or centre
A full list of these facilities and their features, and how to hire each hall is available in the Community Directory. Fees and hire charges and conditions may apply.
A number of facilities can also be booked online - see Hire a venue.
Become a volunteer manager for a community hall
Council directly manages some of these facilities while local committees or community organisations manage others. You can help manage a community hall by joining a Community Operating Committee. Visit our Facility Manager website to find out more.
Page last updated: 27 June 2017