Living Smart Festival
Saturday 22 September, 8am-2pm - Speers Point Park
Lake Macquarie’s largest sustainability event returns to Speers Point Park this September, offering a family-friendly day out to explore how you can adopt sustainable practices in your everyday life.
This year’s festival will be headlined by award winning presenter, Craig Reucassel, who will be bring his War On Waste message to Lake Mac during his two presentations.
The festival will also feature free outdoor yoga classes, lost trades workshops, tiny house exhibitions, a native plant giveaway, electric vehicle displays, Raid My Wardrobe pop-up fashion event, sustainable cooking demonstrations and urban farming workshops.
Whether you want to be more sustainable at home, create ethically-produced meals for your family, revamp your wardrobe with pre-loved pieces, or just enjoy a fun day out with the family, the Living Smart Festival is for you.
Accessibility and inclusion:
- Accessible parking available
- Accessible toilets on site
- Interconnecting pathways to navigate the site. Please note a large portion of the activities and markets are held on flat grassed area
- A changing place
- Accessible transport options available from Toronto Workers Club & Croudace Bay Park
- Event Tent – a space that provides support for people with disabilities, their families and carers, and other people in the community with access and mobility challenges, to attend regular community events.
Page last updated: 17 August 2018