Lake Mac Festival
Spend this Australia Day at the Lake Mac Festival!
Bring your friends and family to Speers Point Park to enjoy all the free family fun including live music, kids’ activities, a movie on the big screen and a spectacular fireworks finale!
Australian rock legends, The Choirboys, will headline an amazing line-up of live entertainment, including Absolute 80s, ALL ACCESS 80s: The 80s Rock Tribute, My Generation and Kaitlyn Simm Music
Get in early to catch the family movie, The Sapphires on the big screen, free kids' activities, and the annual Scouts canoe race.
A spectacular fireworks finale will cap off the night at 9pm.
|Noon||Flag raising ceremony and national anthem|
|Noon||Movie on the big screen – The Sapphires|
|Noon-6pm||Free kids' activities, including inflatable funhouse, rock climbing wall, bungee trampoline, face painting and The Rover|
|4pm||Annual Scouts canoe race|
|4.20pm||Official opening by Cr Kay Fraser - Lake Macquarie Mayor, Welcome to Country and presentation of canoe race winner|
|4.30pm||All Access 80s|
The Lake Mac Festival is supported by The Mutual.
There are limited car parks available at Speers Point Park, so if you are driving to the Lake Mac Festival make sure you take advantage of the some of the available parking spots in the area.
- If you are travelling from the east and north side of Lake Macquarie, the best parking spots are at Lakeview Street, Main Road and at the Council Administration Building.
- If you are coming from the west and south side of the lake, the best parking is at Macquarie Field, Creek Reserve Road and at the Council Works Depot.
Accessibility and inclusion:
- Accessible parking available
- Accessible toilets on site
- Interconnecting pathways to navigate the site. Please note a large portion of the activities and markets are held on flat grassed area
- A changing place
- Including You Tent – a space that provides support for people with disabilities, their families and carers, and other people in the community with access and mobility challenges, to attend regular community events.
Page last updated: 02 January 2019