Lake Macquarie City Council Design Review Panel
Become a member of the Lake Macquarie City Council Design Review Panel
We are accepting expressions of interest from architects, landscape architects and urban designers to join Council’s Design Review Panel.
This paid and privileged position gives you a chance to contribute to improving the design of residential and apartment development across the City.
Express your interest
Submit your interest in writing, making sure you provide a brief professional profile and address the selection criteria within the information pack, and send it to:
- Chief Development Planner, Lake Macquarie City Council Box 1906, Hunter Region Mail Centre NSW 2310; or
- via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5 pm Friday 18 May 2018
Why does Council need a Design Review Panel?
State Environmental Policy No. 65 (SEPP 65) requires the establishment of a design review panel to help councils meet the objectives of that policy.
Tapping into the knowledge and experience of local experts will help us to achieve the best outcomes for the City and contribute to improving the design and impact of apartment developments in our area.
What will be the role of the Design Review Panel?
The Design Review Panel will:
- provide independent expert advice on applications and policy development for apartment buildings;
- carry out review of proposals against the nine design principals within SEPP 65;
- provide written recommendations addressing the nine design principles to Council and the applicant;
- conduct site visits and examine how the proposed developments will relate to the streetscape and the neighbourhood;
- attend monthly meetings, as required.
The appointment will for a term of four years and members will be paid for attendance of each meeting.
For more information about the role of the panel, view the information package
Who is eligible?
We are seeking qualified, skilled, and experienced building and urban designers who have the ability to analyse proposals against the nine design principals within SEPP 65.
Please read the selection criteria contained within the information pack for detailed information about what is required.
You may also be interested in applying to be on the Hunter and Central Coast Regional Planning Panel
Council is also seeking expressions of interest for membership on the Hunter and Central Coast Regional Planning Panel.
It is a paid role, with the responsibility of assessing regionally significant development proposals.
Read more about the opportunity to join the Hunter and Central Coast Regional Planning Panel
|Expressions of interest open||5 May 2018|
|Submissions close||18 May 2018|
|Report to Council||June 2018|
|Notify successful members||June 2018|
|First meeting||July 2018|
Download the Lake Macquarie Design Review Panel Information Pack.
Page last updated: 09 May 2018