Address Council at a meeting
Would you like the opportunity to address councillors at a Public Forum?
Public Forum is available for members of our community to voice their opinion on an issue at Council. The address is to be no longer than four minutes, and councillors and staff may question the speaker following completion of the address. You can only address Council once on any issue.
How to apply
To apply to address Council at a Public Forum you must apply in writing addressed to the CEO, or complete the contact form below.
The General Manager grants public access, and the Governance Officer will contact you before the meeting to advise the outcome of your request. Before applying please read the Code of Meeting Practice to ensure you meet the criteria.
For Committee Meetings
- Public Forum will only be granted for items listed on the agenda.
- Applications must be received by midday on the day of the meeting at which the applicant wishes to address Council.
For Council Meetings
- Public Forum will not be limited to agenda items; however, preference will be given to requests for access on agenda items.
- For matters not on the agenda, applications must be received three days prior to the meeting.
- For matters on the agenda, applications must be received by midday on the day of the meeting.
Page last updated: 09 October 2018