We operate an electronic documents and records management system for the management and long-term storage of information, and we are legally required to capture documents in the format in which it has been sent.
To assist us in processing documents quickly and effectively please follow these tips:
What to send
- Document and file formats: doc, xls, ppt, pdf, wmv, mp3,wav, mdb4.
- Photograph formats: jpg, tif.
- Plan formats: pdf, tif.
- 5MB or less in size (if larger, divide into smaller volumes).
- Photographs as part of your document.
- Documents with strong colours.
- Documents with meaningful titles.
- Titles that include property address, including Lot and DP.
- Applications that include an application number, address and summary of contents, e.g. Bush Fire Assessment DA/1000/2008 126 Smith Street Speers Point.
- Plans that include the plan type, plan description, plan number and date drawn, e.g. Drainage Plan SSC/10/2007 10 Lake Street Morisset.
- Separate residential internal layout floor plans from other plans.
- Only necessary personal information.
- Personal information at the beginning and end of documents.
- Identical hard copy and electronic copy.
What not to send
- Abbreviations and/or acronyms.
- Photographs as separate files.
- Floor plans displaying internal layouts of residential buildings in supporting documents for development applications, e.g. bush fire assessments, environmental impact assessments etc.
- Personal information if it is not needed.
- Duplicates of information already held by Council.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions about submitting documents to Lake Macquarie City Council.
Page last updated: 05 May 2016