Local heritage fund
Owners of heritage-listed properties in Lake Macquarie are invited to apply for annual small grants, on a dollar for dollar basis, to assist with the maintenance of their properties. Applications for grants up to $5000 will be considered, and priority will be given to applications that:
- Involve urgent repairs, for example keeping water out of buildings
- Are for high profile buildings which form part of historic streetscapes
- Are for buildings within heritage conservation areas e.g. Teralba
To assess whether your property is eligible for a grant, please view our Local Heritage Places Fund Guidelines or call Council's Heritage Support Officer on 02 4921 0422 between Monday and Wednesday.
Applications for the 2018/2019 round of the Local Heritage Places Fund closed on Monday 30 April 2018. We anticipate opening the next round of the Local Heritage Places Fund in late May 2019.
NSW Government Heritage grants and funding 2019-2021
The NSW Office of Environment and Heritage and the Heritage Council of NSW are offering the following grants through the Heritage Grants Program:
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Grants
- Caring for State Heritage Grants
- Community Heritage Grants
- State Heritage Register Emergency Works Grants
2019-21 round is now open for applications. Applications can be submitted at any time up until midday (12 noon) on Friday 8 February 2019. More information can be found on the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage website.
Page last updated: 11 December 2018