Donations and financial assistance
Council will consider donation requests in the categories detailed below:
1. Not-for-profit groups and organisations that have significant local membership or participation, and/or are undertaking a project showing significant local benefits, may be eligible for assistance.
Council will consider each request on an individual basis and subject to the receipt of satisfactory evidence of need. The maximum allowable donation each year under this program will be
- $2000 for local not-for-profit groups and organisations and
- $2000 for national not-for-profit groups and organisations external to Lake Macquarie City (approval will be subject to residents of Lake Macquarie receiving benefit from the donation)
2. Individuals who elect to maintain a parcel of Council-owned or Council-managed land may be eligible for one additional domestic residential green waste service.
3. Individuals that generate volumes of medical waste due to an ongoing medical condition that cannot be managed through the standard kerbside waste collection service, may be eligible to apply for:
- additional garbage collection services including the temporary provision of a serviceable bin; and
- the upfront fee for a fortnightly 360L recycling service.
An additional garbage service will be provided through the provision of a second bin for fortnightly collection unless an alternate need is identified.
4. Council may grant a donation equivalent to Council development application fees, where:
- the applicant is (or is applying on behalf of) a charity and
- the development is for a charitable purpose, as defined under the Charities Act 2013
To find out whether you're eligible, review the Funding Assistance policy
Page last updated: 04 May 2018