Active transport advisory group
About the group
The Active Transport Advisory Group (ATAG) formed to generate ideas, get creative, and contribute to robust discussion on opportunities and initiatives to improve walking and cycling across the City.
If you are interested in improving walking and cycling generally, watch this space - the group will consider ways for the wider community to get involved and learn about new developments.
The group meets monthly and consists of 12 members including eight community representatives across our three Council wards. Key stakeholder representatives from Newcastle Transport, RMS, Transport for NSW, Heart Foundation, Hunter Valley Buses, and Newcastle Cycleways Movement have also been invited to participate.
Proposed program 2019-2021
The City vision and community values, developed in collaboration with the community, provide direction for the ATAG program.
The ATAG have considered the following themes that will help to make the group successful:
• having a strong purpose - clear and shared goals and objectives
• valuing each other’s contributions - positive approaches, passion, enthusiasm and listening to each other
• having integrity - being transparent and working for the greater good of the community, not as individuals
• the whole is greater - encouraging diversity of ideas, broad representation, and significant expertise
• good, simple governance - clear meeting agendas, well chaired meetings, and strong leadership
• a strategic approach and focus
• aligning community and Council direction - empowering people, drawing on our experience, considering community consultation and feedback and
• getting results - action oriented and problem solving, not problem creating.
- Contribute to the creation of a ‘living breathing’ active transport works program.
- Provide Council with advice on roadblocks being experienced with already committed, or partly committed, major ‘iconic’ projects.
Meeting records – regular meetings
- Active Transport Advisory Group presentation - 9 July 2019
- Active Transport Advisory Group Meeting No 10 – 9 July 2019
- Active Transport Advisory Group Meeting No 9 presentation, Draft Community Charter and minutes - 11 June 2019
- Active Transport Advisory Group Meeting No 8 – 14 May 2019
- Active Transport Advisory Group Meeting No 7 – 25 October 2018
- Active Transport Advisory Group Meeting No 6 - 30 August 2018
- Active Transport Advisory Group Meeting No 5 - 10 June 2018
- Active Transport Advisory Group Meeting No 4 - 10 May 2018
- Active Transport Advisory Group Meeting No 3 - 20 February 2018
- Active Transport Advisory Group Meeting No 2 - 31 January 2018
- Active Transport Advisory Group Meeting No 1 - 21 November 2017
Meeting records - sub-working groups
To report an issue with a footpath, shared path or road, complete our report an issue form or call our Customer Service Centre on 02 4921 0333.
To provide feedback, or for further enquires on the group, please complete the form below or contact our Strategic Planners on 02 4921 0333.
Page last updated: 16 August 2019