Warners Bay Theatre, baramayiba
The Warners Bay Theatre is a 300-capacity theatre available for professional and amateur musical, theatre, dance, and cultural groups to host and perform quality stage productions.
For more information on hire fees or to make a booking, contact the Performing Arts Officer on 4921 0333.
- capacity up to 300 people, including 124 tiered seating
- 10x10m stage
- foyer area for door ticket sales, advertising of promotional material and serving refreshments
- kitchen equipped with an oven, refrigerator, urn, sink and servery to the foyer area
- rehearsal room
- male and female dressing rooms
- platform lift to allow people with disability access to the stage
- auditorium fitted with a hearing loop, providing coverage between the stage and tiered seating
For a detailed list of equipment and facilities, contact Council.
About Warners Bay Theatre, baramayiba
The word baramayiba
means “cockle place” in Awabakal and refers to the original place name of Cockle Bay. baramayiba
is also the cultural name given to Warners Bay Theatre.
You can listen to the cultural name of the venue in the player below.
Dhumaan ngayin ngarrakalu kirraanan barayidin
We remember and respect the Ancestors who cared for and nurtured this Country.
Ngarrakalumba yuludaka bibayilin barayida baaduka
It is in their footsteps that we travel these lands and waters.
Lake Macquarie City Council dhumaan Awabakala ngarrakal yalawaa, yalawan, yalawanan
Lake Macquarie City Council acknowledges the Awabakal people and Elders past, present and future.
Cultural information provided by Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre.
Lake Street, Warners Bay 2282 View in Google Maps