Warners Bay Theatre, baramayiba
The Warners Bay Theatre is a 300-capacity theatre available for professional and amateur musical, theatre, dance, and cultural groups to host and perform quality stage productions.
Please note: Booking requests are now being accepted up to 30 June, 2024. Apply via the enquiry form below.
Minor improvement works were recently completed at the Theatre including:
- kitchen upgrade
- soundproofing of the Green Room
- installation of new audio and visual equipment
The works were funded by the NSW Government's Stronger Country Communities Fund.
For more information on hire fees or to make a booking, contact the Performing Arts Officer on 02 4921 0333.
- capacity up to 300 people, including 96 tiered seating (total seated capacity 296)
- 10x10m stage
- foyer area for door ticket sales, advertising of promotional material and serving refreshments
- kitchen equipped with an oven, refrigerator, boiling water dispenser, sink and servery to the foyer area
- male and female dressing rooms
- platform lift to allow people with disability access to the stage
- auditorium fitted with a hearing loop, providing coverage between the stage and tiered seating
For a detailed list of equipment and facilities, contact Council.
This venue is available for private hire.
Submit a venue hire enquiry
About Warners Bay Theatre, baramayiba
The word baramayiba
means “cockle place” in Awabakal and refers to the original place name of Cockle Bay. baramayiba
is also the cultural name given to Warners Bay Theatre.
You can listen to the cultural name of the venue in the player below.
Dhumaan ngayin ngarrakalu kirraanan barayidin
We remember and respect the Ancestors who cared for and nurtured this Country.
Ngarrakalumba yuludaka bibayilin barayida baaduka
It is in their footsteps that we travel these lands and waters.
Lake Macquarie City Council dhumaan Awabakala ngarrakal yalawaa, yalawan, yalawanan
Lake Macquarie City Council acknowledges the Awabakal people and Elders past, present and future.
Cultural information provided by Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre.
For events across our cultural facilities please see Lake Mac Arts.
For events at Warners Bay Theatre please see below.
Lake Street, Warners Bay 2282 View in Google Maps