Approval to open a road/driveway/footpath/Council verge, to gain access to either build or move a driveway, or to connect to utilities, is made under Section 138 of the Roads Act 1993.
If you are planning to build or move a driveway, you will need the following documentation to be submitted with your driveway application(PDF, 155KB) to receive approval for access to your property:
- Site plan of the property with the proposed driveway marked up
- Driveway profile from the road to the house, including showing the natural surface levels.
Road opening application
If you are planning to dig into the road reserve to connect to utilities, you will need the following documentation to be submitted with your road opening application(PDF, 117KB).
- Sketch or site plan indicating the location of the proposed works
- Evidence that the contractor has adequate public liability insurance for $20 million.
- Traffic management plan, if applicable
For further advise of what to submit for the above applications, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 02 4921 0333, 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday and ask to speak to a Asset Technical Officer.
Please note all plans and supporting documentation need to be flattened (no layers), without security/protection and in pdf format. The preferred drafted plan size is A3.
Fees will be calculated by Council staff and will be provided to you in writing, once we have received your application.
Once you have gathered your documentation, please download and complete the relevant form, and forward to council via email, email@example.com.
You'll need to upload electronic versions of the required documentation in order to complete your application.