Pearson Street Mall Upgrade
- Project typeCity Works
- Project value$2.8 million
- Contractor nameCollaborative Construction
- Completion Date28 February 2021
Since 2016, we’ve been planning to upgrade Pearson Street Mall to create a more inviting space for you to eat, meet, work and play at Charlestown’s Pearson Street Mall.
The $2.8 million upgrade of the Mall is now underway.
The upgrade features:
- new landscaping
- custom-made street furniture
- public art
- street lighting
- smart cities initiatives including environmental sensors, smart bins, digital signage and Wi-Fi
- flexible space to hold events, markets, live music and food trucks
- upgraded intersection at Ridley Street
|| Works commenced
|| Official reopening
The upgrade to Pearson Street Mall will encourage more activity, offer places and different options for people to connect, enjoy safely and keep returning.
Works are progressing well on the revitalisation of the Mall, and are on-track for completion in early 2021. We are now moving into Stage Three of the works, which involves upgrading the intersection of Ridley and Pearson streets.
Night works will start on Sunday 17 January and are expected to be complete by Thursday 21 January, pending weather. We are completing these works at night to reduce the impact on buses and traffic in the area.
We apologies for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions, contact Site Supervisor Shane Longman on 0423 589 114.
Stage of works
The work will be undertaken in three stages to minimise disruptions to businesses and the community.
Pearson Street, Charlestown 2290 View in Google Maps