Pearson Street Mall Upgrade
- Project typeCity Works
- Project value$2.8 million
- Contractor nameCollaborative Construction
- Completion Date28 February 2021
Since 2016, we’ve been planning to upgrade Pearson Street Mall to create a more inviting space for you to eat, meet, work and play at Charlestown’s Pearson Street Mall.
The $2.8 million upgrade of the Mall is now underway with works starting on-site this week.
The upgrade features:
- new landscaping
- custom-made street furniture
- public art
- street lighting
- smart cities initiatives including environmental sensors, smart bins, digital signage and Wi-Fi
- flexible space to hold events, markets, live music and food trucks
- upgraded intersection at Ridley Street
| July 2020
|| Tender appointed
| August 2020
Site preparations get underway ready for works to commence
|August 2020-Early 2021
|| Works are completed
|| Official reopening of Pearson Street Mall
The upgrade to Pearson Street Mall will encourage more activity, offer places and different options for people to connect, enjoy safely and keep returning
How might this affect you?
The work will be undertaken in three stages to minimise disruptions to businesses and the community.
Pearson Street, Charlestown 2290 View in Google Maps