Why work with us
Our organisation offer career opportunities over a diverse range of areas, whether you are looking for an indoor, outdoor, office-based, trade specific, technical or specialist role, we have it all.
Extraordinary team of people
When you join the team at Lake Macquarie City Council, you’re joining a group of people with a commitment to make our city even better. You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that your great ideas and what you do every day impacts the lives of thousands of people who live, work and visit Lake Mac.
Values supporting our culture
We’re really proud of our City and the work we do, so much so that our organisation values are reflected in each and every service that we provide to the Lake Mac community. We’re shaping our future for the better by showing leadership at all levels of Council and most importantly by working together with the community and each other.
Diversity and Inclusion
Council is committed to attracting and retaining a high performing workforce with a range of capabilities, knowledge and experience. We are striving towards ‘bridging the gap’ and welcome applications from a diverse range of people so we can provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all.
At Lake Macquarie City Council we value our staff and the hard work they do. In return we offer a range of benefits including:
- A workplace that balances your life and work including a nine-day fortnight
- Remote working opportunities
- Four weeks paid annual leave
- Purchase up to two weeks additional leave
- Long service leave after five years
- Nine weeks paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities including access to training, conferences, seminars and other professional development activities
- Career break leave
- Financial assistance and education leave for approved studies
- Reward and recognition programs
- Secondment opportunities
- Competitive pay and rewards
- Industry-leading 12 percent super
Lifestyle and wellbeing
- Discounted corporate fitness program
- Ideal location with easy access to cycle or walk to work
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Social club
- Employee assistance program
You can learn more about our entitlements and benefits in our 2018 Enterprise Agreement.
Lake Macquarie City Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse network of employees, which truly reflects the people it serves and represents, is best equipped to understand and meet the needs of our community. That's why we do our best to understand the skills and attributes that all groups and demographics, including people living with disability, Aboriginal people and our veterans can bring to our organisation.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workforce. If you need assistance in your job application, you can contact us on 4921 0647 or email@example.com.