Councillor David Belcher (ALP)
A first-term councillor, Cr Belcher and has worked widely in disability support and advocacy and understands the need to build inclusive communities where all members are valued and have an opportunity to contribute.
His passion for disability advocacy and community inclusion stems from his personal experience of living with lumbosacral agenesis and being a wheelchair user. This first-hand knowledge gives Cr Belcher unique insight and skills in identifying the needs of those within our community.
Cr Belcher’s focus is to build universally accessible infrastructure and ensure the City of Lake Macquarie is a friendly, vibrant and disability-confident city.
- Creativity Portfolio
- Connected Communities Portfolio
- Lake Macquarie Ageing and Disability Advisory Panel
- Lake Macquarie Youth Advisory Committee (ex officio)
- Environmental Sustainability Grants Committee
- Lake Macquarie Sports Council
- Lake Macquarie Traffic Facilities and Road Safety Committee
C/- Lake Macquarie City Council, Box 1906, Hunter Regional Mail Centre NSW 2310
- Telephone0429 914 623