Lake Mac Business Excellence Awards
Lake Macquarie City Council is the proud manager of the annual Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards.
We understand many businesses have faced uncertainty due to COVID-19 and we wish to acknowledge and support both individual and business accomplishments and success during these unprecedented times.
The 13,000 businesses that call Lake Macquarie home provide the foundations of a strong local economy, and help ensure our City and community continues to grow and thrive.
Join us as we acknowledge and support individual business accomplishments in Lake Macquarie City, recognise and highlight achievements, and ultimately encouraging all businesses in the City to strive for excellence.
- Nominations open: 22 July
- Nominations close: 19 August
- Judging finalised: 2 September
- Finalists announced: 9 September
- Announcement of Winners and evening: 2 October (pending Government restrictions for social gatherings).
Award categories for 2020
- Outstanding Employer of Choice
- Excellence in Business (21 or more employees)
- Excellence in Small Business (5-20 employees)
- Excellence in Micro Business (less than five employees)
- Excellence in Export
- Excellence in Sustainability
- Excellence in Innovation
- Start Up Superstar
- Excellence in Social Enterprise
- Outstanding Business Leader (31 years and over)
- Outstanding Young Entrepreneur (18-30 years)
- Outstanding Young Employee (18-30 years)
- Contribution to the City
- Excellence in Retail, Hospitality and Tourism
- Outstanding COVID-19 Business Adaption.
Dantia, Service NSW, Newcastle Herald, Allambi Care, Atune Health Centres, Jodie Harrison MP, Lake Macquarie Holiday Parks, Export Market Resource Group and our media sponsors NEWFM and 2HD.