Council launches new community co-designed website
Published on 11 December 2019
Lake Macquarie City Council has launched a new-look website co-designed with the community to deliver an enhanced online service experience.
lakemac.com.au, has been redesigned putting popular Council services in the spotlight, making it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for and do business with Council.
Director Organisational Services Laura Kendall said the new website is a watershed moment on Council’s path to delivering outstanding service experiences for customers.
“We’re committed to making Council services accessible to customers whenever and wherever they are, and our new website is a significant step towards this goal,” Ms Kendall said.
“In August this year, we launched better.lakemac.com.au, a beta site where customers could explore our new online services and provide live feedback on the changes as the site was built around them. Since our beta launch, we have received more than 120 messages from users, including suggestions for further improvements and positive feedback on our new approach to online customer service.
“More than 100 Council services have been converted from traditional pdf forms to easy-to-use interactive forms as part of this upgrade – a change that will make interacting with Council more convenient for our customers – and more exciting improvements are in the pipeline.”
Other improvements to the site include:
- demystifying the Development Application process to make it clearer for all types of developers, from individuals to professionals;
- enhancing Council’s popular Flood Report Tool, allowing customers to access greater insights on how flooding may affect their property;
- a new tool that will make it easier to mobile food businesses, like food trucks, to set up and do business in Lake Macquarie;
- easier access to Council meeting agendas and minutes;
- greater visibility of current Shape Lake Mac projects, giving customers more opportunity to participate in decision-making;
- the ability to view and book a wider range of Council venues online;
- an interactive map that gives customers an overview of facilities, events and projects happening near them;
- the ability to access popular Council services like rates payments, waste, and development application and lodgement within a click of the homepage; and
- improved search functionality so customers can quickly find what they’re looking for.
Feedback on the site remains open so we can continue to improve the online experience based on customer needs – just follow the prompts at the bottom of webpages on the new-look lakemac.com.au.