Search for your bulk waste collection dates using your address or view collection dates by suburb.
Council provides a bulk waste collection service for all households twice a year. You will be notified by letterbox drop two weeks prior to your collection date.
We will collect up to two cubic metres (one box trailer load) of combined waste material, per household.
Your waste should be placed out for collection the weekend prior to your scheduled collection date.
Items that can be collected include bulky household items, metal, green waste, mattresses and eWaste. Please place these items in four separate piles on the kerb, as the waste is collected by different crews for recycling and disposal.
- Mattresses will be collected separately to other bulk waste
- Green waste should be bundled and tied or boxed. Maximum 1.5m length and 15cm diameter
- Maximum length of metal sheets and bars is 1.5m
- Maximum length of carpet is 1.5m
- CD and DVD discs should be placed in boxes or bags, and their cases placed in your recycling bin
Waste that cannot be collected
- Asbestos and fibro sheets or planks
- Fibreglass items including sheeting and bats
- Vinyl and linoleum
- Glass or mirrors
- Bean bags and other items containing polystyrene balls
- Domestic or perishable garbage
- Items over 100kg
- Pesticides, flammable materials, paints, gas cylinders or car batteries
- Car bodies, large engine blocks, rubble, concrete, building and construction waste
Bulk waste piles containing asbestos, fibro sheets/planks, vinyl or linoleum will not be collected.
Missed bulk waste pick up
If your bulk waste has not been collected one week after your advertised collection date, please check if your items meet our bulk waste specifications. If your waste meets our specifications, call us on (02) 4921 0333 and we will arrange to collect the missed items.
If your waste does not meet specifications, you will need to remove it from the kerbside and make alternate arrangements for disposal. If you do not remove the waste, you may receive a fine.
What happens to bulk waste after it's collected?
- Metals are recycled by a scrap metal merchant
- Green waste will be recycled into mulch or compost
- eWaste will be collected, locally dissembled into component parts and then recycled, where possible
- Mattresses will be recycled
- Other bulky household items go to landfill