Overpaid rates

If you have overpaid your rates account, or made an incorrect payment to the wrong account, you can apply to have the payment refunded.

Overpayment will only be refunded if the account is in credit.


Step 1.Gather your information

To complete the online form, you will need the following information:

  • Reference number (if known)
  • Creditor number (if known)
  • Proof of payment in the form of a receipt or details from a bank statement.
  • BSB number and account number

Step 2.Apply online

To apply for a refund on overpaid rates

In Person

Visit us

Please visit our Customer Service Centre, where we can assist you in completing this form

In light of restrictions caused by COVID-19, access to our Customer Service desk in Council's Administration Building is by appointment only. If you require assistance from our Customer Service Centre please contact them on 02 4921 0333.