Tenders and expressions of interest
View current tenders
To download tender documents, you'll need to register with Tenderlink. Registration is free.
Tenders will be called when it is anticipated that expenditure will be greater than $250,000 (including GST) over the life of the contract.
More about the tender process
Submitting your tender
When submitting a tender of Council there are some important points to remember:
- Read through the tender schedule instructions carefully.
- Give yourself plenty of time to submit. We suggest uploading your submission several hours before the 2pm deadline.
- Ask questions – contact us on 4921 0333 or email your questions to email@example.com.
- Contact Tenderlink on 1800 233 533 if you need assistance uploading your submission.
Doing business with Council
We are committed to undertake procurement activities in a fair and ethical manner, and to ensure that the best value for money is obtained. All our procurement activities are conducted in accordance with our Procurement Policy and Business Ethics Policy.
Methods of procurement
We are required to conduct procurement activities according to the following thresholds:
- Under $10,000: verbal or written quotation(s) if appropriate
- $10,000 - $50,000: a minimum of two written quotations
- $50,000 - $250,000: a minimum of three written quotations or public quotation process, dependent on complexity
- More than $250,000: formal tender process
We utilise a number of procurement tools to promote public tenders, such as VendorPanel, Tenderlink and aggregators. If you are interested in doing business with Council, we encourage you to register with the above online tools to learn more about upcoming procurement activities.
Working with Council
We generally need our suppliers to meet the following requirements:
- $20 million Public Liability Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance for all employees
- other insurances where appropriate
- documented Work Health and Safety management system
You can browse our current property and purchasing contracts via our Contracts Register.
Expressions of interest
EOI Multi Arts Place Ceremic Design
Expressions of interest are sought from identified and suitably qualified artists for the design and fabrication of feature tiles reflecting elements of the themes outlined in this document.
The successful design will then be working into the construction brief for a suitably qualified builder to deliver.
Download the information package(PDF, 2MB) and submit your application below by 4pm, Friday 24 July 2020.
Click here to view form.
Traffic signal box project
We are once again calling on creatives to add a splash of colour to urban spaces across the City through our Traffic Signal Box Project.
Hunter artists can submit an expression of interest to paint their work on RMS traffic signal boxes in selected locations across the City.
Artists will be paid $600 per traffic signal box and $1,000 for groups of two boxes.
Complete the expression of interest online. Submission close 5pm, Thursday 6 August.
Charlestown: Hillsborough Road x Charlestown Road (2 boxes)
Edgeworth: Main Road x Callan Street
Edgeworth: Main Road x Minmi Road
Morisset: Dora Street pedestrian crossing
Swansea: Pacific Highway x Lake Road
Windale: South Street x Merrigum Street (Jemena box)