Tenders and expressions of interest
View current tenders
To download tender documents, you'll need to register with Tenderlink.
Registration is free. Our guide to accessing Tenderlink will assist you with the registration process.
Tenders will be called when it is anticipated that expenditure will be greater than $150,000 (including GST) over the life of the contract.
More about the tender process
Submitting your tender
When submitting a tender of Council there are some important points to remember:
- Read through the tender schedule instructions carefully.
- Give yourself plenty of time to submit. We suggest uploading your submission several hours before the 2pm deadline.
- Ask questions – contact us on 4921 0333 or email your questions to email@example.com.
- Contact Tenderlink on 1800 233 533 if you need assistance uploading your submission.
Doing business with Council
We are committed to undertake procurement activities is a fair and ethical manner, and to ensure that the best value for money is obtained. All our procurement activities are conducted in accordance with our Procurement Policy and Business Ethics Policy.
Methods of procurement
We are required to conduct procurement activities according to the following thresholds:
- $0-$3,000: no quotation needed
- $3,001-$10,000: obtain a minimum of one written quotation
- $10,001-$50,000: obtain a minimum of three written quotations
- $50,001-$150,000: three written quotes or public quotation process, dependent on complexity
- More than $150,000: formal tender process
We utilise a number of procurement tools to promote public tenders, such as advertising in the Newcastle Herald and Sydney Morning Herald, Vendor Panel, Tenderlink and Aggregators. If you are interested in doing business with Council, we encourage you to register with the above online tools to learn more about upcoming procurement activities.
Working with Council
We generally need our suppliers to meet the following requirements:
- $20 million Public Liability Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance for all employees
- other insurances where appropriate
- documented Work Health and Safety management system
You can browse our current property and purchasing contracts via our Contracts Register.
Expressions of interest
Furniture design for Pearson Street Mall
Council is seeking expressions of interest for creative furniture designs for the new-look Pearson Street Mall, Charlestown.
This is an opportunity for an artist to collaborate with Council officers to design and deliver three pieces of interactive street furniture.
Artists are invited to submit up to three designs in response to the brief. A selection panel will evaluate the submissions against a set of criteria including originality, relevance to the proposed location and ability to articulate a sense of place and community identity.
The successful applicant will receive $45,000 to design and fabricate the three artworks. Council will install the works as part of a mall upgrade in 2020.
Submit your expression of interest.
'Art in your community' photo submissions
Lake Macquarie amateur and professional photographers are invited to submit works to a new community photography exhibition showcasing striking images representing people and places across the City.
The exhibition is part of Lake Mac’s new Art in your community program, which aims to use the newly expanded exhibition space at Museum of Art and Culture (MAC) to showcase the work of local artists.
Images selected for exhibition will be printed to A3 size, in either portrait or landscape format and with up to three images permitted from each photographer.
MAC will cover the cost of printing and hanging the works in museum-standard stock frames.
Those selected for inclusion will be offered for sale unframed . MAC will collect a 25 per cent commission on any sales during the exhibition period.
Entries close 4pm 28 January. The exhibition will take place 8 February-15 April.
Go to lakemac.smartygrants.com.au for more information or to submit a photo for consideration.