When undertaking building and/or subdivision works, you are required to appoint a Principal Certifier, to inspect the building works during the course of construction to ensure it meets with regulatory requirements.
A Contract for Certification Works is to be completed when you lodge or appoint:
- construction certificate application
- complying development certificate application
- principal certifier
- occupation certificate
Certification work includes:
- determining certificate applications
- carrying out principal certifier functions
- carrying out inspections under section part 6 of the act
- carrying out inspections under section 22C of the Swimming Pools Act 1992
- issuing compliance certificates under the Swimming Pools Act.
In accordance with Section 31 of Building and Development Certifiers Act 2018, Council must not carry out certification work for a person unless it has entered into a written contract with that person.
When the contract is received, the contract will be signed by an authorised officer and a copy of the executed contract will be emailed to you for your records.
For advice, contact our Customer Service Centre on (02) 4921 0333, Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm and ask to speak with a Duty Officer.