Lake Macquarie residents are being encouraged to stay at home and follow health restrictions currently in place.
People may leave their homes for essential reasons outlined in the Public Health Orders, which includes for work or study that cannot be undertaken at home, to exercise outdoors and shop for essential items, and for care and compassionate reasons. Where shopping for essential items and outdoor exercise is concerned residents are asked to stay within Lake Macquarie, or if they need to cross into a neighbouring city, they are to stay within 5km of their home when in that neighbouring city.
Mask wearing is mandatory when outside your home, except when exercising.
Find out what you can and can't do under the Stay at Home rules.
Services remaining open:
- All waste services
- Awaba Waste Management Facility, including the Community Recycling Centre in line with advice from NSW EPA
- Outdoor recreational and exercise facilities
- Lake Mac Libraries for click and collect only
- Customer service team is available online at lakemac.com.au or phone on 02 4921 0333
- Council’s administrative centre for face-to-face customer service
- Lake Mac Swim Centres
- Rathmines and Warners Bay theatres
- Lake Mac Libraries for events, research and planned activities
- Community centres and halls, including Hunter Sports Centre and The Place
- Museum of Art and Culture Lake Macquarie, yapang (MAC)
- Visitor Information Centre at Swansea
- Lake Mac Holiday Parks (tourists already in the parks can remain on-site)